The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Wait, I thought Democrats LIKED Nuance?

Remember all the way back in 2004, when Democrats claimed that Bush was inferior to Kerry because Kerry’s thinking was more “nuanced.”  Well, now look at the latest smear on Sharron Angle over at Huffpo.  She is accurately quoted in an article as saying this about her personal pro-life beliefs:

[Interviewer]: What do you say then to a young girl, I am going to place it as he said it, when a young girl is raped by her father, let's say, and she is pregnant. How do you explain this to her in terms of wanting her to go through the process of having the baby?

Angle: I think that two wrongs don't make a right. And I have been in the situation of counseling young girls, not 13 but 15, who have had very at risk, difficult pregnancies. And my counsel was to look for some alternatives, which they did. And they found that they had made what was really a lemon situation into lemonade. Well one girl in particular moved in with the adoptive parents of her child, and they both were adopted. Both of them grew up, one graduated from high school, the other had parents that loved her and she also graduated from high school. And I'll tell you the little girl who was born from that very poor situation came to me when she was 13 and said 'I know what you did thank you for saving my life.' So it is meaningful to me to err on the side of life.

So the even-keeled reaction over at Huffpo: ZOMG she said rape victims should make lemonade out of lemons!  The headline: “Sharron Angle's Advice For Rape Victims Considering Abortion: Turn Lemons Into Lemonade.”
Let me lay this out to you morons, okay?  You can take good things out of bad events.  I can say for example that facing discrimination that drove me out of high school was overall a good thing.  Yes, I lost years of my life, but I gained life lessons I could never have gotten any other way and I honestly think I am a better person for it.

Or take my sister.  Her first husband beat her.  He also gave her my niece who has filled my entire family’s life with happiness for over 18 years now.  So if she could take a trip back in time and stop herself from marrying her ex, would she?  She has herself said no, because the good that came out of that marriage—my niece—outweighs the bad.

I suppose if I was important enough for people to smear, the Huffpo would write tomorrow that I endorsed wife beating.  Because when it is time to smear your opponent nuance is the first to die.

Huffpo should be ashamed of themselves for having aired such stupidity.

And of course Democrats have short memories.  I used to joke during the 2008 campaign that I was old enough to remember when liberals liked McCain.