The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Monday, June 25, 2012

What Happened Tonight

So anyone following along on twitter know the basics.  I was SWATted tonight.  My wife was down in the basement, and unknown to me she had fallen asleep in an uncomfortable position while watching TV.  I was just finishing up a post where I was going to share Kimberlin’s nutty response to my motion for a partial stay when someone decided to recklessly endanger my life.

I mean again.  Let’s not forget the last time someone intentionally engaged in conduct that they knew could get me and my wife killed.  In that case we know who the culprit was: Brett Kimberlin.  He intentionally and gratuitously revealed my real name, home address, work and work address, in court documents and then told the police in a letter that he believed because of his actions that “there exists the very real probability that Mr. Walker could be subjected to serious harm or death now that his identity has been exposed.”  And then he fought tooth and nail to keep that information from being sealed, and then fought to get them unsealed.

But tonight we don’t know who did it, although I knew who to tell the police to look at.  I won’t say their names here, of course.

I was writing when there was a knock at the door.  A second knock came and it was very insistent.  I went to the door and looked through the peep hole and there was nothing.  I said something like, “hello?” and someone firmly said, “open the door!”

I opened up to find two cops hugging the front of the house.  They had M4’s as I recognized from video games (see?! They are good for something!) and they later confirmed.  They were not pointed at my face like it had been with Patrick.  They were pointed at the ground.

(When I told my mother that, she said not to minimize it.  No, obviously whoever it was doing their best to get me killed.  Fortunately the police were not so easily tricked.)

I can’t quote them, but they said something to the effect that they got an emergency call.  I actually said, “let me guess, someone claimed I shot my wife…?”  One officer confirmed it, and I said, “this is a hoax.”  I think I even said the word "swatting."

So someone had tried to make law enforcement falsely think I committed a crime.

I mean again.  Let’s not forget the last time someone tried to do that.  And again, we know who the culprit was that time: Brett Kimberlin.  In that case, he was not trying to provoke an armed response, but instead was trying to put me away up to ten years for an assault I didn’t commit.  Here, you can watch a video showing much of the evidence of it:


That gives you a taste of what I can show you.  You can read the whole sordid story, here.

And indeed as I will tell you soon, the same man, Brett Kimberlin got me arrested on false charges a second time recently, too.

I believe the SWATting started around 5:44 p.m.  I say this because the last “opened” tweet in my contacts list was this one and I was checking them pretty often.

Anyway, to the police officers’ credit, they recognized a hoax was a real possibility.  I would describe what they did next as just due diligence.  They had me stand out in the yard and talk to an officer about who my list of suspects were, in my bare feet and everything, and they swept the house and verified my wife was safe and no one else was in danger.  As I became more aware of my surroundings, I saw around 5-6 cop cars at the corner, and a number of officers waiting.  No, it wasn’t a SWAT team.  One weenie-ish SWATting apologist thinks that if they don’t bring out the SWAT van it doesn’t count, failing to understand that like many slang terms, it is not utterly literal.

My wife came out a bit later and she appeared to be okay and I gave her a hug.  She later told me when the officer woke her up, she said, the same phrase, “let me guess, someone called and said my husband shot me...”  She says the cop was surprised that she wasn’t surprised.  Then I spent a good hour or two talking to the police and contacting people with vital information.  That is, for instance, how Patrick Frey over at Patterico’s knew first even before I tweeted anything out about it, because I knew he would have a lot to tell them.  And we will be working with a detective to get at who committed this latest crime against us in the days to come.

And then it started to catch up with my wife, and she started shaking and getting a little upset.

I will say emphatically that I do not believe Brett Kimberlin made any of the prior SWATting calls himself and I would be very surprised if he made this one.  It just doesn’t sound like his whiny voice.  I know who I believe committed the prior SWATtings and I shared that name with them since even without hearing the voice you have to suspect the same criminal.  I mean that is just logical.  And when I have a copy of the recording, I’ll let you listen and compare for yourself (unless the police say otherwise).  I believe in showing my work.

But on the other hand, Occam’s razor tells us this was done in retaliation against me for having won today in court against Kimberlin.  Which doesn’t mean Kimberlin has anything to do with it, but it suggests a motive for whoever did.  And that is why I decided to interweave the worst of Brett Kimberlin’s proven misconduct with this story.  That way if we bring in any new readers to my blogthe first time they will see front and center the story that this SWATter is plainly trying to suppress: how Brett Kimberlin put my life in danger and how he tried to frame me for a crime.  We may never know who SWATted Mike Stack, Patrick Frey, Erick Erickson and now me, Aaron Walker; but I know who tried to get my wife and I killed by Islamofascist terrorists and who tried to frame me for a crime.  And maybe new readers will be motivated to do some of the items listed when I tell you how you can help me in my quest for justice.  And yes, I hope this might even move you to donate to my legal defense funds, using the PayPal buttons on the right.

Whoever did this, if you think this will stop me from speaking the truth about the violent domestic terrorist Brett Kimberlin, you are sadly mistaken.  If anything it makes me more determined than ever.  This was an act of desperation; this was not the act of people who feel they are winning.  Indeed it was the of people too much a bunch of wussies to come at me directly.

In the meantime I think a musical interlude from Tom Petty and Mudcrutch is appropriate:


One of the officers tonight asked me why I keep talking about Brett Kimberlin if it brings on this kind of trouble.  It’s because Freedom of Expression is something I don’t just believe in, but I defend.  And this threat to Freedom of Expression needs to be defeated.  It is that simple.

When my wife was steadier, and our bellies were full, I opened up my computer again there were 720 new contacts of some kind in my twitter.  That was the level of love and support out there.  I am just stubborn enough not to need anyone’s prayers or support to see this through, but it’s nice to feel the love.  So many perfect strangers tell me they are praying for me—although they are becoming less like strangers every day.

Finally, if anyone from the Washington Post or any other newspaper wants to talk to me, I’ll talk.  I’ll give you an earful.

So the bottom line is that thanks in significant part to the Prince William County Police, who handled this with the right sweet spot between concern that a crime might be occurring, and caution, recognizing it might be a hoax, my wife and I are safe.  A little shaken up, but determined to fight on.

---------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

I have accused some people, particularly Brett Kimberlin, of reprehensible conduct.  In some cases, the conduct is even criminal.  In all cases, the only justice I want is through the appropriate legal process—such as the criminal justice system.  I do not want to see vigilante violence against any person or any threat of such violence.  This kind of conduct is not only morally wrong, but it is counter-productive.

In the particular case of Brett Kimberlin, I do not want you to even contact him.  Do not call him.  Do not write him a letter.  Do not write him an email.  Do not text-message him.  Do not engage in any kind of directed communication.  I say this in part because under Maryland law, that can quickly become harassment and I don’t want that to happen to him.

And for that matter, don’t go on his property.  Don’t sneak around and try to photograph him.  Frankly try not to even been within his field of vision.  Your behavior could quickly cross the line into harassment in that way too (not to mention trespass and other concerns).

And do not contact his organizations, either.  And most of all, leave his family alone.

The only exception to all that is that if you are reporting on this, there is of course nothing wrong with contacting him for things like his official response to any stories you might report.  And even then if he tells you to stop contacting him, obey that request.  As you will see by the time I am done telling my story that this is a key element in making out a harassment claim under Maryland law—that a person asks you to stop and you refuse.

And let me say something else.  In my heart of hearts, I don’t believe that any person supporting me has done any of the above.  But if any of you have, stop it, and if you haven’t don’t start.

---------------------------------------

My wife and I have lost our jobs due to the harassment of convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin, including an attempt to get us killed and to frame me for a crime carrying a sentence of up to ten years.  I know that claim sound fantastic, but if you read starting here, you will see absolute proof of these claims using documentary and video evidence.  If you would like to donate and help my wife and I in this time of need, please go to this donation page or use the PayPal buttons on the right.  And thank you.

Follow me at Twitter @aaronworthing, mostly for snark and site updates.  And you can purchase my book (or borrow it for free if you have Amazon Prime), Archangel: A Novel of Alternate, Recent History here.  And you can read a little more about my novel, here.

35 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe Aaron. Keep up the fight. You have a lot of people behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you and your family. I just started reading the blog tonight. Stay vigilant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron,

    I hope you find the jerk who did this, help the cops bust him, and testify in the court case that throws him in the slammer.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. You are standing tall for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're with you, Aaron. All the way. I'm glad you and your family are safe. Carry on the fight.

    Best,

    Snarky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read his response to the stay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I am just stubborn enough not to need anyone’s prayers or support to see this through, but it’s nice to feel the love."

    You do need our prayers, and you have plenty of them.

    Dustyn's right. A lot of people support you.

    Excellent post, btw. Considering the day you've had, it's amazing that you put it all together, but you cover several aspects in a succinct and compelling way.

    Please stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Dustin said. As always, my family is praying for yours.

      Delete
  7. This could have turned out far differently!!! Sometimes our guardian angels must work overtime.

    I am also an attorney and would be interested in providing you with the help necessary to shunt this to ground.
    From a criminal law perspective, I believe your tormentors have violated several federal statutes and face serous time.

    Best wishes. You are not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God Bless, you are amazingly courageous! Thank you for fighting for our freedom of expression.

    -Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent, Aaron. Very well said, and calm. Especially good is your reminder that folks should seek justice not retaliation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you and your wife, Aaron. And thank you for standing up for freedom. The police might not "get" it, but I do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stay safe. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  12. After working in LE for 20 years one thing I know is that the police I know do not appreciate being used as a catspaw.

    Hopefully the PW County Police are not the exception.

    ReplyDelete
  13. be safe we are pulling for you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you. This whole episode is a story of true bravery.

    Glad you have added the disclaimer. Not that those of us who have read the volumes of stuff on BK and his trolls really need to be reminded. Nobody on this side of the issue seems to be in favor of physical confrontation, harassment or violence.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are safe and sound, and that the police acted professionally.

    You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damned febrile LeftLibProggs who cross the line from discourse over ideological disagreements to real terrorism! Stay safe, all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ditto to all that's been said. You are one of the contemoporary "Sons of Liberty" - and like our Founding Fathers, "for the support of this Declaration [the right of our freedom of expression, and all our fundamental rights]" you have also pledged your life, your fortune, and your sacred honor. Thank you - and may God continue to bless and protect you in this dark hour as you stand up to the bullies and the tyrants among us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You - and others involved in this situation - might be interested to know that I first read the "breaking news" of your SWAT-ing on an Australian blog I follow. I also first heard of Patterico's SWAT-ing on a mainstream Aussie blog.

    To borrow a somewhat over-used phrase, in the case of these recent SWAT-tings and the circumstances surrounding them "The World [Really Is] Is Watching".

    Very pleased that you're safe in this instance, and wishing you and the other bloggers involved in this situation the fortitude to keep fighting the good fight here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Uh, hopefully the police didn't just say, "Open the door." They actually identified themselves as the police before you opened the door?

    My reaction to folks out of the line of sight of the peephole demanding I open the door would have been to arm myself and call 911 vice opening the door. Which would have put some lawmen in danger as well as myself. The folks behind this are risking the lives of police officers as well as the targets of their SWATting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not easily moved to comment, but I have been following your story. Your courage is inspirational.

    Wishing for all the best for you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I started a blog (sterlingthebandit.blogspot.com) a while ago, and in lieu of a personal introduction, I took part in "Everyone Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day", relaying stuff from Ace of Spades, Patterico, and The Blaze. Just want you to know that there are plenty of others who care about freedom of expression, abuse of police power (in the SWAT-ing sense, particularly), and the use of lawfare to silence opponents. I agree entirely with Ace - Congress needs to act on this, and quickly.

    On a related note, I know what it feels like to have a well-armed police squad show up at your house in the middle of the night and scare your family ****-less. It happened to me several years ago, but for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I actually wanted to patch an addendum to my earlier comment - as an ex-Army infantryman (trained to do door-kicking raids, etc), I know how intimidating an M4 can be. Especially for a civilian not expecting someone with said weapon to be standing on their doorstep. I would commend the officers who responded for keeping their weapons pointed in the correct position, at the ground. But that only makes the experience marginally less terrifying. Like everyone else, I'm sorry you had to go through this, and I'm particularly inspired that you don't seem interested in caving to a cowardly, sadistic lunatic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really really stupid on your part to talk to the cops when you have representation. And two what the F are you doing letting them in your house? Call to your wife and have her come to the door to verify that she is alive. No warrant, no entry, PERIOD

    ReplyDelete
  24. stand your ground , Aaron, and keep up the good fight. the 1st Amd is worth defending, no matter what. So is that "blessed bride
    " of yours, and the rest of your family...i pray for your safety and peace, and hope thourgh all of everyone ' s combined efforts that kimberlin and/or the nutjob who SWATTed you can be stopped and defeated ....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Take care and may God bless and protect you!!! We're behind you and you're in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow.

    We have been trying to keep up with you and support you. Now this.

    Glad you and your family are safe.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  27. @CCK - I'm not knocking your argument in the general sense. I think that the general populace has many rights, and they don't cease to exist when a criminal prank takes place.

    That said, your advice would have likely extended AW's ordeal greatly. Spending a significant amount of time cuffed in the back of a police cruiser isn't fun. I know.

    By and large, when violent felonies are reported, the police have a duty to investigate and ensure the safety of the alleged victim. In many cases, if you refuse entry, law enforcement is allowed to enter your home anyway (they're not "searching" in the normal sense - they're trying to protect or identify a victim). If you have no reason to hide (and a bucket of evidence pointing to who might have attempted to set you up) cooperating with them is a pretty intelligent thing to do. From the account, AW was neither arrested nor Mirandized. From his account, directing the responding officers to his wife's safe location was the best option (of many potentially bad choices).

    I'm not trying to start a flame war, here. I just want to point out that, for the most part, law enforcement is attempting to assist people in cases like these. The perpetrators are hoping that someone will eventually act rashly or give the police a reason for arrest and the DA/CA a reason for indictment. Let's not go that route. As a good guy recently said, "We're better than that".

    Regards (and with all sincere respect),
    StB
    Sterlingthebandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad to see you and your wife are OK. A little scared, and no doubt very angry, but OK.

    Observation #1: By and large, cops are nice guys. That being said, talking to them while they're on official business is almost always a PITA. Keeping your cool in a very stressful and unhappy situation: Well done Sir!

    Oberservation #2: As a veteran of the US Navy, I could no doubt comment, at length and with a certain amount of virtuosity on the parentage, character, and personal habits of Mr. Kimberlin, his associates, and wannabe friends. But, always keeping in mind that this a respectably run blog, I will not.

    I could - and not repeat myself once, for at least 3 minutes strait.

    Lessons upon request.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is an example, not of attempted suicide by cop, but attempted murder by cop. As Some Schmuck above said, the police do not appreciate being used as a catspaw.
    Kimberlin and his co-conpirators believe that by destroying those who expose his crimes, others will be silenced.
    To quote Paul de Bursac, the Free French agent in "To Have and Have Not", There is always someone else. That is the mistake the Germans always make with people they try to destroy. There is always someone else." This is indicated by Sterling the Bandit and others who participated in "Everyone Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day."
    And the thing that gives the police the power to enter your home without a warrant to attempt to save the life of someone they reasonably believe is in immediate danger of death is the exigent circumstances exception to @CCK's advice about requiring a warrant. They need to have a warrant unless they are in hot pursuit of a violent criminal or need to protect someone in imminent danger of death.

    ReplyDelete
  30. As a reasonable left-winger, I'm really sorry for all of these incidents. These attempts to punish you and others for what you blog flies totally in the face of the Constitution, which every American has the responsibility to uphold, not just the judicial system.

    ReplyDelete
  31. As a reasonable precaution, you should put a sign on your front and back doors, gates, etc. An ounce of prevention, you know?

    Something like this:

    ATTENTION SWAT TEAMS - Proceed with care!

    I have been targeted by malicious, false reports which have led to swat raids on (insert dates here) by (name departments here)

    Please contact (insert detective's name & phone & department) for confirmation. Then call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx and I will cooperate fully to satisfy your concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  32. As a reasonable left-winger, I'm really sorry for all of these incidents. These attempts to punish you and others for what you blog flies totally in the face of the Constitution, which every American has the responsibility to uphold, not just the judicial system.

    To quote Paul de Bursac, the Free French agent in "To Have and Have Not", There is always someone else. That is the mistake the Germans always make with people they try to destroy. There is always someone else." This is indicated by Sterling the Bandit and others who participated in "Everyone Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day."

    ReplyDelete
  33. Excellent, Aaron. Very well said, and calm. Especially good is your reminder that folks should seek justice not retaliation.

    ReplyDelete