The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Everyone Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day?

I admit I was close to tears when I saw this:


That is at Lee Stranahan’s blog, where he announces his idea to get everyone to blog about Brett Kimberlin, on Friday, May 25, 2012.

I can’t ask you to do this.  It’s not because of this peace order against me—Judge Johnson has made it clear that the peace order statute cannot forbid protected speech.  And this is protected speech.  But as much as we use the “I am Spartacus” concept in this situation I am the guy who really is Spartacus.  I'm Kirk Douglas, more or less.  Watch this clip again:


If you watch closely, the real Spartacus was ready to identify himself.  So he didn’t ask his fellow slaves to stand up beside him.  They just did.  So I’m not going to ask.  Perhaps the truly courageous thing would be to say, “No, don’t do this.”  But I won’t do that, either.  I’ll just say... decide for yourselves.

And if you are new to this blog and wondering what the heck this is all about, you can start here at this post in which I show how Brett Kimberlin attempted to frame me for a crime.  That’s where all of this started.  And then go to Robert Stacy McCain’s blog and see what is happening to him.

Update: A few more thoughts.  Obviously, the comparison is to Everyone Draw Mohammed Day (EDMD).  As you know, EDMD arose from the failure of the institutions that normally were supposed to stand up for freedom of speech.  First, our governments were supposed to intervene.  As our Declaration of Independence tells us, we have an inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  And it says something else that is crucial but often overlooked: "That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men."  In other words government exists not for its own benefit, but for the purpose of securing our sacred rights, not the least of which is freedom of expression, and freedom of religion.


And when our government failed to deal appropriately with the use of terrorist threats to silence others--saying they would murder anyone who dared to draw Mohammed--this was a failure of our government to perform one of its most basic functions.  And I thought, "well, at least the press will probably stand up against this.  After all, freedom of expression is what they are all about."  But instead the press did not.  They refused to show the cartoons in the Danish cartoon controversy, even though basic reporting almost demanded it.  Can you think of any other controversy over any other work of art (defined loosely), where they didn't start by showing you the item that is creating all the fuss?  Whether you are talking about the infamous Piss Christ or the painting of the Holy Virgin Mary made with elephant dung, they always showed you the artwork in question.  Here is one example and here is another. But suddenly in this case, no one was willing to show the cartoons even in a news story.  I even saw a shameful article on Cnn, where they showed one of the Mohammed cartoons but blurred out Mohammed himself, which meant that they showed a blurry piece of paper on television.  I mean, why bother?  So the institutional press failed us.

So We the People had to step up.  But I always felt it was a second-best solution.  The best would be for the Federal Government to have done its duty, but it didn't.  And the reason why it was a "second best" solution, is that EDMD necessarily offended the vast majority of Muslims who 1) hate terrorism, 2) love freedom of speech and religion, but also 3) don't enjoy seeing their prophet insulted.  I said to them that the offense to their reasonable sensibilities was collateral damage that sadly we could not avoid as we secured our God-given (or perhaps Allah-given) right to choose what we say and believe freely.  It was a dilemma that led people of good conscience who probably normally would have supported EDMD to refuse to do so, such as James Taranto and Ann Althouse.  And if someone had another solution that didn't offend those good Muslims and still protected our sacred freedoms, I would have happily done that.

(I mean I suppose vigilantism would have worked, but I am opposed to that.)

And that is the beautiful part of this current protest.  The only person who is offended, is the person actually attempting to suppress free speech.

And by the way, if you don't currently have a blog, I will point out that Blogger, the interface I am using, is free, and easy enough to use that even a lawyer can use it!  I'm not going to ask you to do this, but I will point out that therefore anyone could create a simple blog that day, and write a simple thing.  Hundreds, maybe even thousands of regular people could debut their blog this Friday.  And maybe you will enjoy speaking your mind as much as I do.

---------------------------------------

Follow me at Twitter @aaronworthing, mostly for snark and site updates.  And you can purchase my book (or borrow it for free if you have Amazon Prime), Archangel: A Novel of Alternate, Recent History here.  And you can read a little more about my novel, here.

23 comments:

  1. The rubber has met the road and it's time for those of us on the Right to stand up against Leftist thuggery.

    Besides, if enough of us blog about Kimberlin and his associates then we'll have created too many targets for the Left to hit. Some of us will remain standing.

    WOLVERINES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberlin is a vile, filthy little fuckstick who needs to be bitch-slapped back into his hole. We need to bring the cyber-hammer down on this assclown. Count me in.

    I've got a draft ready to post on friday for Lee's "Everybody Blog About Brett Kimberlin Day".

    We with ya, Aaron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. typo: We're with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who was involved in the original Danish Cartoons thing I believe I'll be resurrecting my blog briefly to join in this. I almost hope Mr Kimberlin tries to file some kind of court order against me since I do believe he'd have a few jurisdictional problems as I'm not in the US, let alone Maryland, my server is not in Maryland and so on. I don't think it will be very hard for some kook to find an address where I don't live any more but it might require someone able to speak foreign languages.

    Oh and having hosted the JP Cartoons at at time when almost no one else dared to do so I understand the whole threats to me and mine thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is one piece of this puzzle that has eluded me: can someone explain how this guy got out of prison in 2000? He was in for 50 years, he'd been out on parole and had it revoked, so how did he get out? None of the accounts I've read seem to include that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I sense political skulduggery in this. As someone who has intimate knowledge of the Bureau of Prisons and Federal courts, indictments, sentences and time to end of sentence from the receiving end, the only way is a deal with political officials. If you dig deep enough the names of Senator Carl Levin (D-MI) will surface as will former Senator, now Vice President Joe Biden (D-DE). Interesting, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. An Army of Breitbarts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Types like Kimberlin won't stop until they are made to stop. And if not me, then who? If not now, then when?

    cheers
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. Worthing, I know that you are not asking us to do this for you. I haven't read your blog before; our politics are different. But in this, we must all stand together - this man is neither of the "left" or of the "right", he is a dangerously manipulative narcissistic sociopath/psychopath who must be stopped.

    None of us will ever be able to understand him because none of us are socio/psychopaths. They are not rehabilitatable, and they are relentless.

    We are here to support you.

    Godspeed, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops - just realized you are a RW blogger; we DO share political views! :P

      Delete
  9. It takes brave people to end the careers of perverts that murder and take the innocence of very young people like Kimberlin.Do not worry folks,,one day he will cross the line and they will find him dead in a ditch.It might come even quicker then he thinks.Actualy it might even happen as he goes for awalk late at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaron:

    DONE:
    http://sfcmac.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/meet-brett-kimberlin-convicted-domestic-terrorist-bomber-and-serial-litigator/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hat Tip to Patrick at Thoughts and Rantings, who has provided information about Kimberlin’s whereabouts in Bethesda, Maryland, complete with street address and Google Street View.
    I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if it’s his Mom’s house and he lives in the basement.

    http://thoughtsandrantings.com/2012/05/23/brett-kimberlinliving-large-on-someone-elses-dollar/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I suggest a class action suit against this douche? Is that possible, sir?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where does the sick son of shit live? post that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kimberlin is little more than a spoiled, entitled, and aged brat with a perceived injury against anyone who doesn't acquiesce to his every whim. Significant info: still living with his Mommy? Yikes.

    His terroristic tactics should be condemned from all corners - and would be - if he weren't pandering to the lunacy of the left in these turbulent times.

    The best way to chase him from his hole is to expose his filth and amoral sociopathy to the harsh light of truth on this, and every other, opportunity.

    He can run but he cannot hide... forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. additionally, I write for many conservative blogs, books, and myriad venues and will be happy to donate my services to help get this monster - and others like him - out of civilized society.

      Always,
      Faithful

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello ! It was so fantastic to visit your personal blog and in particularly to read this blog article. I also would like to ask you something about your blog. How do you feel about guest blogging?

    ReplyDelete