The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Don’t Let Obama Change the Subject to Gay Marriage

While we are waiting for my big story to drop, the big non-story of the day is that Obama has announced that he supports gay marriage.  Again.

Seriously he already said this in 1996: “I favor legalizing same-sex marriages,and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages.”

But the President cynically hid those beliefs away to appeal to a national audience, until today when he decided to “evolve” to believing in gay marriage again.  Here’s the money quote from the ABC News interview:

I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors, when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together; when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that 'don't ask, don't tell' is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I've just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married[.]

Yes, yes, over the course of several years he has come around, to... the exact same position he had sixteen years ago.  And taking what little significance there could possibly be out of it, we get this bit, as the article writers summary:

The president stressed that this is a personal position, and that he still supports the concept of states' deciding the issue on their own.

So it’s a pointless sign of support.  Only a moron thinks that this means a damn.

Which is why Meghan McCain tweeted: “So, is Obama going to introduce legislation in congress to make gay marriage legal in all 50 states now?”  After much mockery (including from me), she deleted that tweet.

But, my conservative friends, don’t fall for any of this.  Yes, yes, of course this is Obama making sweet to the donors who care about this issue, but what it also is, is a meaningless attempt to change the conversation, from the debt, the economy all of that.  If this election is a referendum on the last few years, Obama will lose, badly.  Which is why he wants to change the subject to almost anything else.

Don’t fall for it.  Stick to the subject.  And the subject is this:


Don’t let him change the subject.

---------------------------------------

That being said, it will be fun to watch how many liberals ignore the plain and obvious cynicism of all of this.

---------------------------------------

Follow me at Twitter @aaronworthing, mostly for snark and site updates.  And you can purchase my book (or borrow it for free if you have Amazon Prime), Archangel: A Novel of Alternate, Recent History here.  And you can read a little more about my novel, here.

1 comment:

  1. surprisingly, gawker called out obama on this for his cowardice.

    still, the sheeple love it. and there is the whole catching up to cheney thing.

    ReplyDelete