The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Adjudicated Pedophile Brett Kimberlin’s Motion to Strike My Motion to Dismiss

…and Exploring his Daddy Issues

This is the latest post in what I half-jokingly call The Kimberlin Saga®.  If you are new to the story, that’s okay! Not everyone reads my blog.  The short version is that convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin has been harassing me for over three years, his worst conduct being when he attempted to frame me for a crime.  I recognize that this might sound like an incredible claim, but I provide video and documentary evidence of that fact; in other words, you don’t have to believe my word.  You only have to believe your eyes.  Indeed, he sued me for saying this and lost on the issue of truth.  And more recently when his wife came to us claiming that this convicted terrorist had threatened her harm, we tried to help her leave him, and for that, he sued myself, John Hoge, Robert Stacy McCain and Ali Akbar for helping his wife and he is suing Hoge, McCain, Akbar, DB Capital Strategies, Michelle Malkin, Glenn Beck, Patrick “Patterico” Frey, Mandy Nagy, Lee Stranahan, Erick Erickson, Breitbart.com, the Blaze, Mercury Radio Arts, Red State, the National Bloggers Club, and  others alleging that we are all in organized crime for reporting factually about the spate of SWATtings committed against myself, Frey and Erickson.  So, if you are new to the story, go to this page and you’ll be able to catch up on what has been happening.

As promised yesterday, let me start by providing you with a copy of Brett Kimberlin’s motion to strike my motion to dismiss:


Need moor popcorn!!!
Usually this is about where I mention that this is the same as what he filed, except some personal information is redacted.  While I have no love for the man, I also commit no wrong again him, and as I have said, intentionally posting his home address and other personal information is wrong.  But this time I didn’t redact anything.  Did that mean that I had suddenly chosen to publish his personal information, etc.?

No, it means he didn’t include any personal information to redact.  Gee, which is unusual, isn’t it?  In fact, isn’t that a problem, when a legal document doesn’t include information that I would normally redact?

Why yes, dear reader, it is.  But we will talk about the legal issues involved in this order tomorrow, for it seems reasonable to assume Brett will have what I mailed yesterday by then.

It is also worth noting that all of this might seem familiar to you, dear reader.  You might think, “didn’t he try something like this before?”  And you would be right.  Which is also a problem.

But completely apart from the legal merits of what he filed, I wanted to talk about what I think is going on, mentally.  Now, to a certain extent, Brett Kimberlin’s conduct is beyond understanding.  But to the extent that understanding is possible, often the best way to understand him is by recognizing the ordinary impulses that drive his behavior, and the inability to discern what is an inappropriate response to those impulses.

For instance, when his wife left him, his feelings weren’t hard to understand.  He was, by all reportage, sad to see her go, and his sadness turned to anger when he found out that she was seeing another man.  None of these are emotions that are hard to understand.  For instance, I don’t care how amicable one’s divorce or separation might end up being, I don’t think there is a man alive who likes to think of any other man being with his wife (or ex-wife).  Like if you run into her at a social event and she says, “this is John,” and they show affection, you might smile and be polite, but you aren’t happy.  The problem isn’t Brett’s feelings, it was his reaction.  To borrow Freudian terms, it is not the id that is the problem it is the ego and superego that doesn’t reign the id in, so he ends up charging the boyfriend with trespass upon his company car, seeking a peace order against the same guy, while both the boyfriend and his wife seek orders providing protection, which in turn made all of this into a public spectacle and so on.  Neither morality nor a sophisticated understanding of his best interests stopped him from listening to his very ordinary sense of anger.  He often starts with a feeling most people share, but he doesn’t have the filters most of us have that says, “don’t act out.  It would be wrong to, or stupid to do it.”

Of course, at other times, Brett’s feelings are downright abnormal, although he likes to think he is normal:

Not all the songs on his album—which Mahern characterizes as minimally produced and “pretty much Brett”—have political overtones, which in some respects may be unfortunate: While tracks like “Life’s a Bitch (For a Government Snitch)” and “Who’s Next” (a song about unfounded sex crime accusations) have a definite edge to them, others, like “Waiting to Meet” and “Teen Dream” (both about having sex with teenage girls) are lacking in subtlety and tend to make one squirm. But this is exactly what Kimberlin wants.

“I say things a lot of people are afraid to say. Yeah, ‘Teen Dream’ is about f--king a teenage girl. Every guy who’s seen a good-looking teenage girl has thought about it. I’m talking about that lecherous quality that every man, though he won’t act on it, has.”

(source.) (curse word censored).  So however much he might want to think his desires are normal, they are not always normal.  But sometimes his feelings are normal, and his behavior in response to his feelings are what is abnormal.

So that is one piece of it.

Let me talk about another piece of it.  Regular readers know that I went to Yale Law School, which is allegedly the best law school in America.  They also notice that I don’t talk about it very often.  There’s a number of different reasons for that.  The first reason is emotional: with three learning disabilities, any sense of success brings with it very... complicated feelings.  Second, in the legal profession what law school you went to...  I won’t say it is meaningless.  It helps you when you get hired, for instance, but you never go into court and say, “your honor, I went to Yale and he went to some other school, so I win.”  No, there is a kind of leveling tendency in the courtroom, where what matters is the quality of your argument, your citations and so on.  It is somewhat, though not exactly, like math.  Two plus two equals four, even if you don’t have the most prestigious degree.  And while the answers in law are not as determinate as math, the most prestigious degree is meaningless if the other guy is right on the law and the facts.

And third, I kind of like that leveling tendency.  When I debate people on Twitter, I don’t intellectually “pull rank” unless a person tries to pull rank on me or someone else.  For instance, when I tore down Sally Kohn’s silliness about the law, I didn’t point out I went to Yale to her.  But when I saw her friend Jill Filipovic put down the people correcting Kohn, Filipovic attacking for their lack of legal credentials (even though as a lawyer, she should have been joining in the chorus correcting Kohn), I brought up the fact I went to Yale.  And you will notice that I often use my “elite” educational status to then support the regular people who just have good arguments but no degree.  Which I suppose is against self-interest, but right is right.

And the other thing is that, well, sometimes lawyers act a little funny about that.  Most, if you don’t lord it over them are pretty cool, but, to some lawyers it takes them back to their days applying to law school, and Yale being seen as the highest aspiration a person can aim for.  Many didn’t even apply, and many did, but got a rejection letter.  Incidentally, Yale Law declares that it gets many thousand more qualified applicants than they have seats available.  So it might represent a dream they dared not even dream, or it might represent a rejection that still stings.  But I can sense the change in some people’s stance when they learn that I went to Yale.  Like I said, some are very cool about it.  But some suddenly feel intimidated when I prefer them to be comfortable and some, you can feel the resentment.

All of this ain’t a complaint.  Seriously, “poor me, I went to Yale Law and other people resent it,” is a silly complaint.  I am just making an observation: some people have an issue with that.  I hope they come to realize that I don’t look down on them for not having gone to a particular school, but it’s not some great burden on me if they don’t realize this.

So how does this all tie in to Brett Kimberlin?  Well, did I mention that Brett’s father was a lawyer?  Now, I have observed for some time that he focuses a great deal of his energy going after lawyers.  Some of that is obviously opportunistic.  Brett will go after you extra hard if he perceives you (rightly or wrongly) as having a weakness.  For instance, I always believed that he went after Seth Allen extra hard because he knew there was something “off” about him.  And he is going after John Hoge harder because he thinks (wrongly) that his wife’s cancer will weaken his will to fight.  To a guy like him, finding out Mandy Nagy has had a stroke was not a reason to back off, but to lay into her and her family even harder.

Now at first glance, lawyers would not seem like “weak” targets, but unlike many people, we have to deal with professional regulation which in theory might take away our ability to practice our chosen profession.  So Brett felt he could try to threaten both my law license and Patrick Frey’s.  And hey, if he gets really lucky, maybe the disciplinary committee will be filled with political hacks who will discriminate against us based on our politics.

And the fact I am learning disabled, in his mind, becomes another weakness.  I have already shown how Brett is downright bigoted against me because of my disabilities, and I have told you how I think he (stupidly) believes I am weaker because of my disabilities.

But I think up until now I have underestimated the psychological element, the extent to which his attack on me and other lawyers is not merely calculated, but emotional, too.  Consider, for instance, this exchange between Brett and Judge Johnson on the first day of trial back in August:

THE COURT: Are you a lawyer?

MR. KIMBERLIN: I feel like it, but no, I didn't get my law degree.

THE COURT: All right.

MR. KIMBERLIN: But I did study law.

Of course, it isn’t merely a matter of not going to law school that is preventing him from being a lawyer.  Lawyers also have to prove they have the character and fitness to enter the legal profession.  Now, practically speaking, you don’t have to prove you have good character, so much as there being nothing in your background suggesting your character is awful... which is exactly where Brett would trip up.  His conduct has been so awful for so long that even if he could pass the bar exam (and he probably couldn’t), they wouldn’t let him practice due to his criminal record alone.

But he feels like he is a lawyer.  His father was a lawyer.  Could his dad have wanted him to be a lawyer?  Could he have wanted to be a lawyer to get the approval of his father?

And then here comes along this lawyer—me—who is on to his game and starts tearing him apart.  Through more than three years of his creepy behavior, I have meticulously documented and exposed his immoral and often illegal conduct.  Oh, and I am not just any lawyer, but a Yalie.  And on top of that, a learning disabled lawyer.  He probably has convinced himself I am an “affirmative action case” that didn’t deserve my degree.  And, gosh, if he can silence me, or just beat me in court, well, then it would mean the fact he doesn’t have a law degree isn’t such a big deal.  And here I am, in his mind, lording my law degree over him in another court, while taking his case apart bit-by-bit.  If the court listens to me, the case could be over as early as June 1 and for all defendants.

And that, I submit, seems to be part of the real root of his anger.  He is mad that I disrupted his plans.  Having talked to several of the defendants, he doesn’t seem to have gotten around to serving anyone.  But here I come in, moving to dismiss for all parties early and demanding cogently a swift determination of my motion to dismiss.  And there, it is, staring him in the fact: Aaron J. Walker, Esq.

Daddy issues are not unusual.  I am thankfully unburdened by them.  To the extent that my parents want me to “live up to” anything, it is their moral teachings, not any professional expectations.  They could have cared less about what career I chose, as long as I was happy and could put food on the table.  But not everyone is so blessed, and even if I don’t personally feel those kinds of things, I know these kinds of feelings exist.  Again, Brett’s resentment toward me, his feelings, are not abnormal: it is his reaction to them that is.

Anyway, whatever his motives are, we know what his behavior is and I will continue to address that...  hopefully to the amusement of the crowd.

So tune in tomorrow when you see my opposition to Brett Kimberlin’s Motion to Strike.  And, as a preview of coming events, an additional filing is likely to appear in court this coming Thursday.  But I am not likely to talk about it before Friday.  Besides, unlike the majority of these filings, this is not taking Brett to the cleaners, this is a relatively benign order designed to help the case go more smoothly.

---------------------------------------

My wife and I have lost our jobs due to the harassment of convicted terrorist (and adjudicated pedophile) Brett Kimberlin, including an attempt to get us killed and to frame me for a crime carrying a sentence of up to ten years.  I know that claim sounds fantastic, but if you read starting here, you will see absolute proof of these claims using documentary and video evidence.  If you would like to help in the fight to hold Mr. Kimberlin accountable, please hit the donation link on the right.  And thank you.

Follow me at Twitter @aaronworthing, mostly for snark and site updates.  And you can purchase my book (or borrow it for free if you have Amazon Prime), Archangel: A Novel of Alternate, Recent History here.  And you can read a little more about my novel, here.

---------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

I have accused some people, particularly Brett Kimberlin, of reprehensible conduct.  In some cases, the conduct is even criminal.  In all cases, the only justice I want is through the appropriate legal process—such as the criminal justice system.  I do not want to see vigilante violence against any person or any threat of such violence.  This kind of conduct is not only morally wrong, but it is counter-productive.

In the particular case of Brett Kimberlin, I do not want you to even contact him.  Do not call him.  Do not write him a letter.  Do not write him an email.  Do not text-message him.  Do not engage in any kind of directed communication.  I say this in part because under Maryland law, that can quickly become harassment and I don’t want that to happen to him.

And for that matter, don’t go on his property.  Don’t sneak around and try to photograph him.  Frankly try not to even be within his field of vision.  Your behavior could quickly cross the line into harassment in that way too (not to mention trespass and other concerns).

And do not contact his organizations, either.  And most of all, leave his family alone.

The only exception to all that is that if you are reporting on this, there is of course nothing wrong with contacting him for things like his official response to any stories you might report.  And even then if he tells you to stop contacting him, obey that request.  That this is a key element in making out a harassment claim under Maryland law—that a person asks you to stop and you refuse.


And let me say something else.  In my heart of hearts, I don’t believe that any person supporting me has done any of the above.  But if any of you have, stop it, and if you haven’t don’t start.

No comments:

Post a Comment