The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Oh Noes! The Spouses and Families of Every Supreme Court Justice Engages in Corporate Speech!

You see, last Summer Martin Ginsberg, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg's husband, passed away.  So the other Supreme Court spouses got together and wrote a cookbook in tribute to the late Ginsberg, because apparently he was a great chef.  It's called Chef Supreme and can be purchased at The Supreme Court Historical Society gift shop, here.

 

The Supreme Court Historical Society's website gives you its background here stating that

 

The Society, a private non-profit organization, is dedicated to the collection and preservation of the history of the Supreme Court of the United States. Incorporated in the District of Columbia in 1974, it was founded by Chief Justice Warren E. Burger, who served as its first honorary chairman. 

 

(Emphasis added).  So there you have it, every single spouse of the Supreme Court has engaged in corporate expression, except Martin Ginsberg for obvious reasons.  And in turn according to certain Weinerish theories of recusal that means the next time a corporate expression case comes up, all of those justices have to disqualify themselves. And lest you think that this means that it would become a court of one (Ginsberg), I will note that the Blog of Legal Times states that "[f]ollowing the recipes, the book includes lengthier tributes and photos from Ginsburg's children James and Jane as well as other longtime family friends."  So there you go, no Supreme Court Justice is qualified to sit in any corporate speech case again (at least until we get new members).

 

Orrrrr…  we can recognize that those silly theories were just that: silly.  A rooting interest by a spouse or child is does not justify disqualification.

 

And it's also a good excuse to devote a whole post to promoting a very good legal geek gift and this organization seems to be a perfectly good charity.  I might even give the book to my wife as a laugh.  I mean while I am a law geek and a history geek, my wife is a cooking geek, and this is a law and cooking geek book.  So its geek convergence!

 

Follow me on Twitter @aaronworthing.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Of course they don't really care if the spouses of judges do all manner of things, even advocate cases... unless it's Clarence Thomas's wife. I guess the democrats just hate Clarence for special reasons.

    They act like his wife belongs in the kitchen, coincidentally.

    I do appreciate the collegial spirit on display by the families here. Are you getting the cookbook? If so, you'll have to let me know if there's anything really interesting in there.

    ReplyDelete