The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Friday, October 26, 2012

President Obama’s Gutless Call

WARNING: We are about to talk about President Barack Obama and the killing of Osama bin Laden.  There is a high probability that I will accidentally call Obama Osama or vice versa.  I apologize for this error in advance.


Well, after the big nothing and postponement of the hearing today, it’s back to the election for me.  We have less than two weeks to go, and this is probably one of the more pivotal elections in American history.

A while back when we just killed bin Laden, a meme started among the left declaring that it was “gutsy call” it was for Obama to have ordered our troops to raid Osama’s house and ultimately put a well-deserved bullet in his head.  I considered it to be a fairly ridiculous claim.  I couldn’t imagine an easier call to make as president.  I had assumed that liberals were just trying to coast on the victory.

I mean there is a history for that.  William Henry Harrison ran on the slogan “Tippecanoe and Tyler, too!”  The meaning of that slogan is a mystery to most modern readers so let me translate. Tyler was Harrison’s choice of vice president—who for all intents and purposes was the president after Harrison died about a month into office, the shortest presidency ever.  And Tippecanoe was the site of a massacre of Native Americans led by Harrison, which was in that day seen as a glorious victory over the “savages.”  In that it was similar to George Washington running mainly on his generalship during the revolution, Andrew Jackson running on his success at the Battle of New Orleans, and even more recently Eisenhower running based on his leadership in World War II.  Or for that matter one of the most feeble slogans “Rumpsy Dumpsy, Rumpsy Dumpsy, Col. Johnson killed Tecumseh!”  Johnson was a presidential candidate that year and his claim to fame was having led the army that killed the Native American leader Tecumseh (which is pronounced more like “Teh-cum-see” but that is still a very lazy rhyme), another victory over the so-called savages.

So Obama perhaps was thinking of focus grouping a slogan.  Something like, “vote for Obama, he killed Osama!”  Or perhaps, “Vote for Obama and Biden, they killed Osama bin Laden!”  Something like that.  But the idea that it was some kind of amazing gutsy call was kind of laughed out of respectable politics and I didn’t hear of it again for a while.

But it came to mind again when I was listening Obama talk about it during the debates:

[Obama speaking] When it comes to going after Osama bin Laden, you said, well, any president would make that call. But when you were a candidate in 2008 — as I was — and I said, if I got bin Laden in our sights, I would take that shot, you said we shouldn’t move heaven and earth to get one man, and you said we should ask Pakistan for permission.

And if we had asked Pakistan for permission, we would not have gotten him. And it was worth moving heaven and earth to get him.

You know, after we killed bin Laden, I was at Ground Zero for a memorial and talked to a — a — a young woman who was 4 years old when 9/11 happened.

And the last conversation she had with her father was him calling from the twin towers, saying, Peyton (sp), I love you, and I will always watch over you. And for the next decade she was haunted by that conversation. And she said to me, you know, by finally getting bin Laden, that brought some closure to me.

And when we do things like that, when we bring those who have harmed us to justice, that sends a message to the world, and it tells Peyton (sp) that we did not forget her father.

MR. SCHIEFFER: All right.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: And — and I make that point because that’s the kind of clarity of leadership — and those decisions are not always popular. Those decisions generally are not poll-tested. And even some in my own party, including my current vice president, had the same critique as you did. But what the American people understand is, is that I look at what we need to get done to keep the American people safe and to move our interests forward, and I make those decisions.

Now you can get distracted with the shameful lie he just told about Romney being opposed to the mission.  But I want to focus on what he said in that last paragraph.  Read it again.  It was not the popular thing to do.  They don’t poll test it.  He even got criticism from his own party.

I remember hearing that and saying, “my God, he really does think that killing bin Laden was a difficult call.”  He agonized over this.  He wondered if it was the right thing to do.

Which makes no sense to me whatsoever.

This is probably one of the most telling things he said in that debate.  Killing the man responsible for this...



...was a tough call.  It was a head scratcher.  He tried to sound like he was decisive, but what he sounded like in the end was wishy-washy.  For a decisive person this is the very opposite of a gutsy call; it’s a no-brainer.  No guts required.

Which brings me to the news of the day, that during the attack on, on September 11, 2012, of our embassy in Benghazi our Navy Seals were told to stand down.  We learn from Glenn Beck that help was only forty-five minutes away, and the attack went on for hours, and yet they were not ordered to intervene.

When a quick decision had to be made, to save our personnel and to deal a defeat to the terrorists, Obama wasn’t gutsy.  He was gutless.

Maybe Beck is right, that there is something deeper and more creepy underneath all of this.  But on the other hand, letting our personnel get killed is not a way to tamp down a story, so there is that.  I am not saying Beck is wrong necessarily, but I need more to be convinced he is right.

And what the hell were we doing hiring the February 17 militia to guard them?  It reminds me of when I first heard of the Altamont incident in the 1960’s.  As you might know, this was an attempt by a number of bands to create a West-Coast-Woodstock.  I remember reading about how they had hired Hell’s Angels for security and I immediately thought, “exactly who thought that was a good idea?”  Same thing with the Libyan militia.  Exactly who thought that was a good idea?

But hey, don’t worry, Hillary has vowed to capture the man responsible.  The man who made a video insulting Mohammed.

Oh, you think I am joking, dear reader?  Well, listen to this:


You can read more about that interview here.  This administration doesn’t act to save American lives and they act to destroy American freedom, scapegoating a man for having said the wrong thing when they were told within hours that it had nothing to do with it anyway.

In a perfect world, all of this would be impeachable and he would be removed by the Senate.  But instead of depending on Congress to do its duty, it will most likely fall on us, to rise up on November 6 and throw the bum out.

It can’t come soon enough.

---------------------------------------

My wife and I have lost our jobs due to the harassment of convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin, including an attempt to get us killed and to frame me for a crime carrying a sentence of up to ten years.  I know that claim sounds fantastic, but if you read starting here, you will see absolute proof of these claims using documentary and video evidence.  If you would like to help in the fight to hold Mr. Kimberlin accountable, please hit the Blogger’s Defense Team button on the right.  And thank you.

Follow me at Twitter @aaronworthing, mostly for snark and site updates.  And you can purchase my book (or borrow it for free if you have Amazon Prime), Archangel: A Novel of Alternate, Recent History here.  And you can read a little more about my novel, here.

---------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

I have accused some people, particularly Brett Kimberlin, of reprehensible conduct.  In some cases, the conduct is even criminal.  In all cases, the only justice I want is through the appropriate legal process—such as the criminal justice system.  I do not want to see vigilante violence against any person or any threat of such violence.  This kind of conduct is not only morally wrong, but it is counter-productive.

In the particular case of Brett Kimberlin, I do not want you to even contact him.  Do not call him.  Do not write him a letter.  Do not write him an email.  Do not text-message him.  Do not engage in any kind of directed communication.  I say this in part because under Maryland law, that can quickly become harassment and I don’t want that to happen to him.

And for that matter, don’t go on his property.  Don’t sneak around and try to photograph him.  Frankly try not to even be within his field of vision.  Your behavior could quickly cross the line into harassment in that way too (not to mention trespass and other concerns).

And do not contact his organizations, either.  And most of all, leave his family alone.

The only exception to all that is that if you are reporting on this, there is of course nothing wrong with contacting him for things like his official response to any stories you might report.  And even then if he tells you to stop contacting him, obey that request.  That this is a key element in making out a harassment claim under Maryland law—that a person asks you to stop and you refuse.

And let me say something else.  In my heart of hearts, I don’t believe that any person supporting me has done any of the above.  But if any of you have, stop it, and if you haven’t don’t start.

No comments:

Post a Comment