The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Reille Hunter Is Really Sorry and Will You Buy Her Book to Find Out How Sorry She Really is?

You know this essay by Reille Hunter, the woman who had the affair with John Edwards a couple of years ago, started out okay.  The title was “I, Reille Hunter, Apologisze,” and the opening paragraphs are pretty good:

I behaved badly. That may seem obvious to you but it's taken me a long time to admit that, even to myself. For years I was so viciously attacked by the media and the world that I felt like a victim. I now realize that the attacks are actually beside the point. The point is: I behaved badly.

I am very sorry for my wrong, selfish behavior. Back in 2006, I did not think about the scope of my actions, how my falling in love with John Edwards, and acting on that love, could hurt so many people. I hurt Elizabeth and her kids. I hurt her family. I hurt John's family. I hurt people that knew Elizabeth. I hurt people who didn't know Elizabeth but loved her from afar. I hurt people who gave their hard earned dollars to a campaign -- a cause they believed in. I hurt people who are married and believe in marriage. Many of these people have let me know that I hurt them. Unfortunately, I was not thinking about anyone but myself. I was selfish. I fell in love with John Edwards and wanted to be with him and that desire trumped everything else.

And then instead of apologizing when I should have, I went on to hurt more people by writing a book. I truly did not realize at that time how damaged I was and because of that, when I wrote my book I made more mistakes, ones I feel horrible about.

Okay, yeah.  Mind you, I think she is letting John Edwards off the hook too easily—it takes two to cheat, after all—and it is a bit late for Elizabeth Edwards, but okay, better late than never.  Now, go creep off away from the limelight and...

My publisher came up with the idea of me going through my book and annotating all of my regrets and mistakes. I liked that idea. I thought it was innovative and interesting, but of course the actual execution of that idea turned out to be excruciating. Owning your past mistakes is no day at the beach but I do believe it is an important endeavor to undertake.


Okay, sounds a little weird, but maybe it was a useful exercise, you know as long as you do it for your own personal growth and not for profit because then... (looks at the description of Hunter at the bottom)...

Rielle Hunter's new book, "In Hindsight, What Really Happened: The Revised Edition: John Edwards, Our Daughter and Me" is on sale today.

Oh, right.  Because nothing says “I’m sorry,” like trying to cash in, a second time, on the fame you obtained by screwing a famous politician.  So hey, go to Amazon or whatever and pay a few bucks to see me correct the record and say mea culpa, all the way to the bank.  Sheesh.

And I read a few pages of it.  It reads like a crazy self-fisking of it, where she just constantly replies to herself parenthetically.  For instance at one point she writes “Could I sound any ditzier?”  Um, yes, writing this book seems kind of ditzy to me.  Equally so when she enumerates all the times she should have not gone up to the hotel room or left it, or whatever, prior to their first encounter.  And even more so when she apologizes for telling us that John Edwards told her that he had three other women on the side.  “It was wrong of me to disclose this without Johnny reading it first.”  Right, how dare you provide evidence that Edwards was just a horndog, that this wasn’t the case of a man deciding to be committed to a new woman, but a guy who is basically a slut?  Don’t you owe the truth to the public?

Sadly the free sample part ends right there, and so does the crazy.  I wonder if, by the end of it, she will admit to telling any falsehood?  Perhaps Brett Kimberlin can charge her and her publisher under mail and wire fraud statutes, if not under RICO itself.  He has made a similar claim in regards to a conservative who wrote a book, after all...

Anyway, joking aside, needless to say I will not be linking any of the places where you can buy this insipid and even evil book.  But, hey if you are inclined, why don’t you use the Amazon search widget over at Patterico’s.  You might as well kick a few bucks out of the price you pay back to Patrick Frey.

Or better yet, save your money and donate to BomberSuesBloggers.  We would appreciate the help.

---------------------------------------

My wife and I have lost our jobs due to the harassment of convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin, including an attempt to get us killed and to frame me for a crime carrying a sentence of up to ten years.  I know that claim sounds fantastic, but if you read starting here, you will see absolute proof of these claims using documentary and video evidence.  If you would like to help in the fight to hold Mr. Kimberlin accountable, please hit the Blogger’s Defense Team button on the right.  And thank you.

Follow me at Twitter @aaronworthing, mostly for snark and site updates.  And you can purchase my book (or borrow it for free if you have Amazon Prime), Archangel: A Novel of Alternate, Recent History here.  And you can read a little more about my novel, here.

---------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

I have accused some people, particularly Brett Kimberlin, of reprehensible conduct.  In some cases, the conduct is even criminal.  In all cases, the only justice I want is through the appropriate legal process—such as the criminal justice system.  I do not want to see vigilante violence against any person or any threat of such violence.  This kind of conduct is not only morally wrong, but it is counter-productive.

In the particular case of Brett Kimberlin, I do not want you to even contact him.  Do not call him.  Do not write him a letter.  Do not write him an email.  Do not text-message him.  Do not engage in any kind of directed communication.  I say this in part because under Maryland law, that can quickly become harassment and I don’t want that to happen to him.

And for that matter, don’t go on his property.  Don’t sneak around and try to photograph him.  Frankly try not to even be within his field of vision.  Your behavior could quickly cross the line into harassment in that way too (not to mention trespass and other concerns).

And do not contact his organizations, either.  And most of all, leave his family alone.

The only exception to all that is that if you are reporting on this, there is of course nothing wrong with contacting him for things like his official response to any stories you might report.  And even then if he tells you to stop contacting him, obey that request.  That this is a key element in making out a harassment claim under Maryland law—that a person asks you to stop and you refuse.


And let me say something else.  In my heart of hearts, I don’t believe that any person supporting me has done any of the above.  But if any of you have, stop it, and if you haven’t don’t start.

No comments:

Post a Comment